Saturday, January 5, 2013

Fold laundry and have an epiphany.

It's January 5. I learned something important today. As I put away my laundry that's been sitting in the basket on the floor for a week, I realize that not spending on clothes really should be easy. If I can go for a week without needing what's in the clean laundry basket, clearly I don't need anything new. Period.

Therefore, I will try again to "fast" from spending on myself. I don't need anything and what I really want to do is take a trip. Therefore, I am recommitting myself (as I've done every year for the past three) to a spending freeze and trip saving plan. I haven't been successful on previous attempts. As I review what I've pledged, I know I am ridiculous. Somehow I get derailed. I need to figure out how to stay firm in my resolve and put that money towards the travel fund and towards paying off my car (yep-- that's another goal for the year). This is all part of increasing my "happiness quotient."

Any suggestions on how to save more money?

No comments:

Post a Comment