Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Just say, "Thank you."

Actually, I'm struggling with feelings of discontent at the moment. I'm restless and anxious and looking for change.

All the more reason (I suppose) to pause and say "thank you."

I need to practice gratitude for the good things in my life. Today I am grateful for a job that challenges me and keeps me thinking. That's about the most positive spin I can put on a situation that is so frequently frustrating. If I can indeed create my own reality (as the Book says) then I will focus on the good and the fact that I am helping at least some of the students through my teaching. I am helping myself by having to think and consider and learn. Therefore, my new "reality" will reflect that work is a place of positive engagement and overcoming difficulities.

Okay, so I need another, real "blessing" to focus on. I am grateful for clear weather that lets me get back outside. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment