Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Taking care.

I need to learn to be kinder to myself. I need to learn to practice "taking care."
Last week when I was in yoga I was envious of the instructor's body. (Yes, I was in yoga but I'll leave that downward dog for another post.) While I was supposed to be stretching and locating my "heart center" I was actually engaged in intense observation of my body's (perceived) shortcomings.

This must stop.

I need to celebrate my fitness and my health. The whole Margo situation really puts things into perspective. At least I thought it had. It really should have. And yet I still obsess about my body and what it should do as opposed to what it can do. I need to learn to love myself as I am. How corny.

"Love the one you're with" echos in my head... I'm with me. I need to love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment