Monday, November 23, 2009

Done.

I did it. I ran a marathon in 5 hours, 33 minutes and 11 seconds. I wasn't fast. I wasn't as strong as I would have liked, but at no point did it occur to me that I wouldn't finish. I was there to do 26.2 miles. Period.

So why do I feel so deflated today? Where's that euphoria that accompanies the accomplishment of a goal? I've been working toward this event steadily since August. It felt like I was in the right place on the road yesterday. I felt good. Tonight I just feel kind of "meh." Where is my endorphin high? I earned it. I should be floating.

Or not. Maybe because I expected it, I couldn't have it. Maybe in trying to chase happiness, it eluded me. Maybe I'm thinking about this way too much.

So now what? Another goal? No. I need to absorb this one. Give me a couple of days to gain some perspective.

I am a llama. I am a runner. I am a marathoner. I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment