Sunday, January 15, 2012

It's just money.

I keep refocusing on what matters and keep telling myself that money is simply a tool to achieve what matters. Why is it the source of so much anxiety right now? I can't do what matters to me right now because I don't have the money. It makes me feel guilty. It makes me feel left out. It makes me feel that thinking that money is unimportant is really only true for people who have it.

Enough whining. I am fortunate and I know I am. It's just frustrating.

I keep trying to do things the right way. To save, to budget, to be responsible and for what? It doesn't seem to be doing much good.

I know that I have to be responsible so that I can enjoy the benefits down the road. The problem is that there are so many things that derail the process that are seemingly unavoidable. It's only the end of week two and I'm struggling to say "no" even though I have to. If I had the money? It would be "yes" even though that would be foolish.

No comments:

Post a Comment