Sunday, January 8, 2012

One Week Later...

I'm off to a mixed start. Due to apparent carelessness, I had a financial wake up call this week. Suffice to say that my desire to go on a spending freeze couldn't have happened at a better time.

With that, I did pretty well. My only non-essential purchases were pizza (which really isn't part of the freeze seeing as it's the weekly tradition) and $20 miscellaneous of which I still have $10.

On the positive side, I managed (with help) to declutter my office. I had no idea that I had so much stuff in here. Two Hefty trash bags, three boxes of books, and two boxes of Goodwill donations and it's feeling much more open in here. There's more to go, but for now I'm happy with the progress.

This week I want to add up all of my monthly expenses and get a specific number for how much I pay out and then work on a realistic spending plan.

Oh-- and I made some cash in eBay sales. That served the dual purpose of clearing out and making cash. Not too shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment