Sunday, January 1, 2012

In the the new; out with the old.

I've just finished shredding pages from an old journal. I reread what I'd written and what do you know-- since 2003 (and long before no doubt) I've been obsessed with the same topics which essentially boil down to having a simple life filled with love, creativity and adventure. Shredding those pages is the first concrete step (I've taken "starter steps" before)toward changing my world. It's like registering to run the marathon (funny how that's my analogy for so many things). I know where I want to go and how I want to feel when I get there. Now I just have to take the steps (literally and figuratively) to make it happen.

That journal will now be where I'll keep track of my finances. Long-hand accountability in good old black and white. How can I meet a goal? Name it. Break it down into reasonable chunks. Master each of the chunks. (Not sure "master" is the right word here, but nothing else comes to mind.

Right now I'm going to declutter my desk, then my bookshelves, and eventually, my life. Happy New Year to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment