Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Slippery slope.

It's tricky, this not spending. It almost seems to be an all or nothing type of set up. See, I've been doing well all month. Spent on necessities with a minor lapse to purchase some books for work and some "Loser" motivations. No problem.

And then I saw a dress. I agonized over it, but I didn't buy it. Almost, but I stayed firm to my pledge.

And then it was my birthday and I saw my sister in her pair of cute jeans like I've been wanting for forever because they make me like my thighs(or they did when I tried them on last year). And then a coupon, and a click and next thing you know they're on the way to my house.

And then it was a pair of boots that are such a good deal that it would be really foolish to pass them by and my feet have been sore and shipping is free and click, another purchase.

And then a Starbucks drink after my run on Sunday. I earned it. It was delicious.

So today I find myself perusing the internet, window shopping. For what? This has to stop. I do not want to open the door to spending. My pledge is to pay off my debt. Are a pair of jeans and a pair of boots a big deal? No, but they're the gateway to more spending. It's like a diet-- a little taste here and there isn't the problem. It's when the "little tastes" add up to a multi-course meal. It's too much. Better to just quit cold turkey.

Today I'll begin again. Fresh start.

Time to cancel all of the coupon emails etc. that show up in my inbox. They aren't helping.

No comments:

Post a Comment