Tuesday, July 7, 2009

New shoes.

I earned them and today I bought them. Yep, the long anticipated new running shoes are bright white and ready for action. Aside from the hole in the toe, those old ones must have been pretty beat because the new ones feel completely different. Asics again, but a size bigger (the shoe guy was surprised that I'd managed to gouge out a toe hole) and a different style. Tomorrow will be their first test run (figuratively and literally). I'm actually excited. I can't wait to take my new shoes out and show them the trail. I really hope I can do the whole loop tomorrow. I need to start building up faster for my own mental stability. I mean really, I've been "training" for two months. You'd think I'd be better by now.

This blog has become far less about insight and thinking than I'd originally intended. Clearly I need to work on the mental aspects that initially led me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment