Thursday, July 2, 2009

I'm in.

It's official. I am registered to run the Philadelphia Marathon. This will probably end up as "It seemed like a good idea at the time" stories. I'm trying not to analyze (at least not too much) why I want to do this. I'm not even sure that I like running. And why not simply register for the half marathon. Surely running 13 miles would be enough of a challenge... No. In my mind, I have to do the whole thing.

On a lighter note, I booked a trip for Paris for the end of August. I want to share my love of travel. I've been to Paris enough times to be relatively comfortable with my pidgen French. Maybe I'll practice some new phrases. Only knowing how to ask for the bathroom and for directions is somewhat limiting. Fun, but limiting. I'm ready to leave now. Today. I want out!

I realize just how "simple" I am... new running shorts make me happy. I can't wait for the new shoes-- I almost made the loop completely yesterday. I'm hoping to do it tomorrow and earn my sneakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment