Friday, September 11, 2009

Just thinking.

I've hit this week's mileage targets and feel more comfortable on the longer runs than the short ones. Once I get to about four miles I start to cruise. Miles one, two and three? Not so much. I struggle. I guess I'm a slow starter.

Tomorrow's Saturday and I'm scheduled to run 11 milesbut right now that seems like an impossibility. I am so tired and while readjusting to work takes time, I feel like there's something else bothering me but I don't know what. I thought running would help settle my mind, but this week it's been on overdrive. I've been fighting a mental soundtrack and the ubiquitous white noise background all week. I just want to find my way to peace. Maybe tomorrow's run will help me get there.

After my run, the plan is to clear out more of the clutter. I have to finish sorting the Goodwill pile and clear out the garden. Maybe clearing the physical clutter will clear the mental clutter. Maybe I'm just tired and a good night's rest will clear everything by itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment