Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Back on track.

In reality, I guess I wasn't really "off track" so to speak. I skipped yesterday's run which would have made today the rest day but I ran today so I didn't really miss anything. I ran my four miles and the guilt is gone. Got up at 6 and this time, A. joined me on the bike. It was nice to have company, but a little unnerving to have him watching me run. I don't know if the distraction of company is a good thing because although it gives my monkey mind something to play with, I don't focus which could hurt me in the long run (no pun intended).

Now-- how will I do in Paris? I googled some running routes in the city and looked for some advice. Apparently it's not just crazy Americans who run there. I really want to get out and see the city in my sneakers. I'll have to be really disciplined, get up early, and pay attention to my route so I can find my way "home." Is it weird to be excited about the prospect of running on vacation? I really wish A. would run (or walk) with me. I am supposed to do a 7 miler on Saturday and then a 3 and a 5 to begin week three of training. I'll be happy if I can make two of the three.

I can't wait. I have been packed and ready to go since yesterday morning. I love Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment