Monday, August 3, 2009

Losing face.

My first official day of training and all I could focus on while running is the fact that my face jiggles when I run. I need to lose weight in my cheeks! Today I kept thinking that perhaps I might be in over my head-- who am I to presume to be enough of an athlete to run 26.2 miles? I know what the book says and I know last night I was all about creating my own reality, but in the harsh morning light I'm filled with doubt.

A few points to keep in mind: I need to run earlier in the morning. It's too humid by 7. I have to eat something before running. Running with a growling stomach is not pretty. Wearing the ipod and listening to Michael Jackson et al really helps distract me.

I did run the requisite 3 miles today, but didn't feel very good. I was hot, tight, and hungry. Tomorrow will be better. Tomorrow is my first 4 mile day. I need to "buck up" (or in my case, "llama-up") and focus. I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment