Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Oh, the guilt.

I shouldn't feel the need to punish myself for missing today, but I do. I missed my run. By the time I dragged myself out of bed it was after 7 and just too humid. I feel so guilty. Today was supposed to be a four-miler and then off tomorrow.

There is only one solution: I will run in the morning to make up for today. I will run the mileage as planned and I will run it strong without stopping. I need to be fully committed to this program if I expect to be successful in November. I am starting with a few marks in the deficit column-- age, physical ability, etc. I need to do all the workouts, encouragement, self-talk. I cannot afford to skip. Why didn't I just get up this morning? Laziness, excuses, and marathons don't mix.

And tomorrow we leave for Paris. I can't wait. I want to be there now. But what of my program? Will my training go out the door? Should I worry about doing it on vacation? How can I not? I feel that if I don't run while I'm there, that I am not fully committed and that I will lose momentum. I packed my running clothes and I'll have to make myself get out. Walking the city and climbing steps will help, but I have to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment