Sunday, August 2, 2009

Create your own reality.

I really like this idea of creating my own reality. (If the book says it, it must be true.) What does that even mean? If I believe it (and you believe me) it's true? It's an intriguing way to approach the world. I am a llama. Okay-- what does that mean? To me it means that I can overcome challenges that might derail others and although I might slip a bit, I will find my center and succeed. (That's a lot to take from a llama.) Oh, and I'll look good doing it.

My reality today-- I am smart. I am athletic. I am capable. That seems like plenty to start with... (also I'm clearly an optimist).

Yesterday I ran 3.2 miles and what's more, I felt good doing it. Tomorrow the training starts for real. I'm nervous and excited. In reality this week won't be much different than the past two months-- it's the idea that I'm really going to do this that's exciting (and somewhat frightening).

No comments:

Post a Comment