Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Off day.

Just came in from my enjoying my decadent breakfast of oatmeal with fresh blueberries and coffee on the back porch. The only thing missing from my ideal morning is sunshine. It's really overcast. Today's an "off" day. I was halfway tempted to run anyway but luckily good sense has prevailed. No running, just stretching and maybe a walk with the dogs.

I was reading The Book again last night and it really emphasizes the importance of focus. My monkey mind goes everywhere. I think playing music helps; they recommend going without to increase internal focus. Focus. I just can't seem to maintain it. (I know, I know, this is where I'm supposed to say "but it doesn't matter" but in this case, I think it does.) Maybe I need to practice meditation... probably wouldn't hurt.

Tomorrow is a three-miler. I'll try to go sans music and see how I do. I need to write my running mantra to repeat. I already know the first line, "I am a llama." I'm not sure what comes next.

No comments:

Post a Comment