Friday, August 14, 2009

Because I said so.

I ran the requisite 3 miles yesterday. It went well. I felt pretty good, probably because it was a little bit cooler and less humid then it's been lately. I ran without music and mentally started writing my mantra. (The Book says to do this later in the training, but given my lack of focus, it seems like a good idea to start it now.) It begins with "I am a llama."

I am a llama. Llamas love running because they feel strong and happy. They don't mind when it gets tough, they welcome the challenge. I will run the Philadelphia Marathon in November... you get the idea.

I realize I change from first person-- I need to have a stronger association to this running business. I'm not there yet, but I will be. This is, of course, only a first draft. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment