Tuesday, October 27, 2009

By the way...

I forgot to mention two important events from Sunday's run. First-- I passed a pair of chubby-bottom-girls. They were running on the canal. They'd come on about 2 miles from where I'd started and were moving steadily and I passed them. It took awhile but I did it. I smiled inside as I called, "On your left." Actually, the inside smile was more of a gloat or a smirk. That's okay- I earned it.

On a related note, I also passed two old(er) men who were walking. Came up from behind, called out, and whizzed right by them. Okay, so I didn't really "whiz" past. It was at about mile 16 so perhaps "stumble" is the more appropriate word choice. Doesn't matter. Again, I felt affirmed in my running prowess. (It's the little successes that keep me going.)

Tonight I did 4 miles around Roebling/Florence. I had to come home after work and didn't have time to hit the park. I was slow and sluggish tonight. It doesn't really matter (there's that phrase again) what the GPS says. I was slow. I wonder if this is residual tiredness from Sunday's run. I'm beat. Ah well, tomorrow is another 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment