Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Still here (and still boring) part 2.

I keep hoping this running stuff will get easier, but so far it's still "work" every time. Yep-- at some point in every run I struggle.

I struggle mightily when chubby girls with big bottoms pass me on the trail. (I realize that my comment is politically incorrect but I don't care. It's not fair that I've put in miles and miles and still get passed by women who appear to have as much physical stamina as a creampuff.)

I struggle when I can't catch (never mind pass) old guys with wrinkled knees who are walking.

I struggle to catch my breath, calm my brain, and lift my feet.

The biggest struggle is deciding to put on my sneakers and get out each training day. I tell myself I'm excited and really, part of me is. But then there's the other part, the doubting part, that wonders why I'm doing this to myself. It's hard. It's tiring. It's time consuming.

Yet, I am doing this. I have a choice; no one is making me run. I could make excuses. I could just stop. But something is keeping me on schedule. On some level, I must like doing this.

Perhaps I'm masochistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment