Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Who knew?

I had no idea that my butt was the object of so much attention. On Friday I was told that my jeans (that I thought fit well) were giving me saggy-ass (or some similar affliction). Today a work buddy commented that I needed to get this race over soon since I had lost my butt. She said that I'd had a good butt and now it was gone (she prefaced all this by saying she didn't mean any weirdness and considering the source, no offense was taken). While in the midst of this conversation another coworker chimed in saying that she too had noticed that I was now butt-less but hadn't said anything. These are my friends (and relatives).

So the question is, why do people only comment when it's gone? When I gain weight back post-marathon, will people suddenly compliment my newly regained bottom? Is it somehow more appropriate to discuss a shrinking body part than a growing one?

It cracks me up to think that I am not the only butt-watcher out there. You know, doing the butt comparison thing. You check out other butts and then rank where you fit. Maybe that's just me...

No comments:

Post a Comment