Saturday, October 24, 2009

To Washington Crossing and beyond.

Tomorrow I will run 18 miles. Wow. Normally that long run would have been today with Sunday as the recovery day, but I fell on Wednesday night and that threw the schedule off. So tomorrow I will run farther than I've even imagined I could. Eighteen seems so much more than 16. It isn't. I need to keep my brain in the right place and my legs pumping and I'll be fine. No, I'll be great. (Need to exercise this positive self talk.) I only have two long runs left-- tomorrow and then next weekend. After that I begin reducing in preparation for the marathon. I'm starting to feel excited. I will be running a marathon in less than a month's time. Suddenly what was really only theoretical (me running 26.2 miles) is going to become reality.

To bed tonight. Here's a toast to tomorrow's success.

No comments:

Post a Comment