Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I'm still here.

My boring-ness (or would it be "boringosity"?) has reached epic proportions. My life is work, food and running (although not necessarily in that order; food is probably the most important).

Actually, running is a little bit like work. It definitely demands the time of a second job. Maybe I should pay myself to run? I read an article in a running magazine where the woman trained for a marathon and "paid" herself a dollar for all the miles she ran in training. She had in the vicinity of $700. My rough calculations suggest that by marathon time I will have run about 400 miles since the beginning of August. So $400. That's a fair amount of money. $400 could get two (and a half) pairs of Frye boots. It could cover 100 Starbucks nonfat chi lattes with a slice of lemon loaf. If could be Christmas gifts for the family. It could be a plane ticket to someplace mildly exotic. $400 is a lot of money in my world. Of course, if I paid myself by the hour, I could make more. Actually, I don't think I could afford my hourly charge. Wait-- that doesn't work out. Nevermind.

No comments:

Post a Comment