Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Feeling lumpish.

I'm in a bit of a slump. I had errands to run (no pun intended) yesterday and home repair- related responsibilities today and now I don't much feel like going out for my 8 miles. I'm sitting here trying to persuade myself to go and get changed and get outside, but the positive self-talk isn't very effective at the moment. I know I'll go eventually because not going really isn't one of the options.

I need to get back to that happy place from last week. I've been pretty down on myself for the past few days although there's really no reason for it. I don't know, maybe just feeling overwhelmed. Too much thinking about things that are (at least for the moment) unanswerable. I'd rather go take a nap. It's already after 5. I could shift my runs to tomorrow and Friday, but that would really throw off the whole schedule. I need to suck it up, find my shoes, and hit the road.

I am a runner. It is beautiful outside. I do not miss training days. I have a responsibility to myself. I am a runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment