Monday, October 19, 2009

Now what?

I started by writing about the weather and how I've run in heat, rain, and cold. I scrapped that and began by stating that as of today I've run roughly 230 miles since the first week of August. Again, I have nothing to follow that statement so I scrapped it too.

And now I'm sitting here wondering why my good running feeling, my high, my flow, has dissipated leaving me with a vague feeling of discontent and disappointment. Last week was amazing. I felt like I could conquer the world. I was strong. Today? Not so much. No llama here. Tonight I just feel tired and angry and disappointed and I don't know why. It's not the running. I did four miles. Felt good. Finished strong. It's confusion in my head and my heart. The old demons are back poking around and I don't feel like dealing with them.

Nothing more to say tonight. I'm tired and may just turn in early. Tomorrow is another chance to start fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment